In this article, we are going to take a look at a free cross-platform editor for web development − CodeLobster IDE. It has been on the market for a long time and has won a very large number of users.
The IDE has an intelligent code completion system for functions, tags, attributes, etc., which greatly speeds up work and protects against possible errors.
The editor supports working with XDebug and allows you to run PHP scripts step by step, moving along the lines of code. You can set a breakpoint anywhere and monitor the values of any variables while your code is running.
Other useful features of the program:
- Highlighting paired tags and brackets – You will never have to count the number of open and closed parentheses or curly braces. The editor will take care of this.
- Automatic highlighting of code types, the ability to select rectangular blocks, the ability to collapse code, bookmarks, snippets, a special window with the structure of the file and the entire project, etc.
- The application interface is translated into 17 languages, including English, Russian, German, French, Spanish, etc.
- CodeLobster IDE is a multi-platform (cross-platform) IDE that supports the following operating systems: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Mac OS, Linux, Ubuntu, Fedora, Debian.
The Professional Edition has several additional features. For example, the ability to work with projects on a remote server through the built-in FTP/SFTP client. At the same time, you can easily select files for editing, view the results and synchronize changes to files on the hosting.
Additionally, the Professional Edition includes the following set of add-ons:
- A large set of extensions for working with PHP frameworks – CakePHP, CodeIgniter, Laravel, Phalcon, Symfony, Twig and Yii.
- Plugins for working with popular CMS – Drupal, Joomla, Magento, WordPress.
After many years of work, it is safe to say that the multi-platform CodeLobster IDE shows itself only from the best side. It works quickly, efficiently, and makes the job a lot easier, especially with large projects.
You can download CodeLobster IDE from the official site http://codelobster.com/.