New updates for Windows 10 are available for download! For Windows 10 22H2, it is the first monthly update while for other versions, it is usual. Let’s take a look at the changes made by Microsoft.
As always, the main objective of these updates is to correct bugs and security vulnerabilities, in particular the one mentioned in Patch Tuesday. As Windows 10 22H2 receives its first cumulative patch, I remind you that two versions of Windows 10 are no longer entitled to updates: Windows 10 version 1909 and Windows 10 version 2004. For Windows 10 21H1, the end is near : December 13, 2022!
In total, Microsoft has made 19 changes, various and varied, of which here are the main ones (from Microsoft’s point of view) :
- Addressed issue that causes OS upgrade to become unresponsive and then fail.
- Fixed an issue that affects Microsoft Direct3D 9 games. Graphics hardware stops working if the hardware does not have a native Direct3D 9 driver.
- Fixed graphical issues in games that use Microsoft D3D9 on some platforms.
- Fixed an issue that affects Microsoft Edge when in IE mode. The titles of pop-up windows and tabs are incorrect.
- Fixed an issue that affects the lasso tool in a graphics editing program.
You have to refer detail of the update “preview” released at the end of October to find out more. Finally, no big changes in appearance, but it will be necessary to follow in the days to come to see if there are any side effects linked to the new integrated security patches.
Windows 10: November 2022 KBs
Here is a summary of the updates released:
- Windows 10 versions 20H2, 21H1, 21H2 et 22H2 : KB5019959
- Windows 10 version 2004 : Fin du support
- Windows 10 version 1909 : Fin du support
- Windows 10 version 1903 : Fin du support
- Windows 10 version 1809 : KB5019966
- Windows 10 version 1803 : Fin du support
- Windows 10 version 1709 : Fin du support
- Windows 10 version 1703 : Fin du support
- Windows 10 version 1607 : KB5019964
- Windows 10 version 1507 : KB5019970
I invite you to read my article about the November 2022 Patch Tuesday to get an overview of the security vulnerabilities fixed by Microsoft.
Whether from Windows Update, WSUS, or another solution: to your updates!
Logiciel – OS,Sécurité,Microsoft,Mise à jour,Windows 10,
#Windows #November #Updates #KB5019959 #KB5019966