Microsoft has released its new updates for Windows 10, these are updates KB5018410 and KB5018419. The opportunity to take stock of these vulnerabilities which are there to correct security flaws, but also various bugs.
Within these cumulative updates, Microsoft has fixed the following bugs:
- Fixes an issue that requires you to reinstall an app if you didn’t get it from the Microsoft Store. This issue occurs after upgrading to Windows 10 or newer operating system.
- Fixed a rare error that leads to a blue screen of death. This happens when you change the display mode while using more than one screen.
- Fixed an issue that forces IE mode tabs in a session to reload.
- Fixed an issue that affects IE mode after opening a PDF file. When you try to open another page using the same browser window, the page does not open in that browser window.
- Addressed issue that affects Microsoft’s Japanese IME when active and IME mode is enabled. When you use the numeric keypad to insert a hyphen (-), the IME inserts the wrong character.
- Fixed an issue that affects the rendering of the search box. It does not display correctly if you log in in tablet mode.
- Addressed a known issue that affects Daylight Savings Time in Chile. This issue can affect the time and dates used for meetings, applications, tasks, services, transactions, etc.
It is also following the installation of this update that you can find options in the Windows settings for the “News and Centers of Interest” feature. These options can be accessed via the following path: Settings > Personalization > Taskbar > News & Interests. Moreover, this functionality is now available regardless of the location of the taskbar (bottom, top, etc.).
Windows 10: October 2022 KBs
Here is a summary of the updates released:
- Windows 10 versions 20H2, 21H1 et 21H2 : KB5018410
- Windows 10 version 2004 : Fin du support
- Windows 10 version 1909 : Fin du support
- Windows 10 version 1903 : Fin du support
- Windows 10 version 1809 : KB5018419
- Windows 10 version 1803 : Fin du support
- Windows 10 version 1709 : Fin du support
- Windows 10 version 1703 : Fin du support
- Windows 10 version 1607 : KB5018411
- Windows 10 version 1507 : KB5018425
As a reminder, Windows 10 version 2004 and Windows 10 version 1909 are no longer under support, so it is normal that these versions did not receive this month’s update. Moreover, this was already the case last month.
Whether from Windows Update, WSUS, or another solution: to your updates!
Logiciel – OS,Microsoft,Mise à jour,Windows 10,
#Windows #October #Update #KB5018410 #KB5018419