Like its big brother Windows 10, the Windows 11 operating system is entitled to its monthly cumulative updates! Two new updates are available to cover Windows 11 versions 21H2 and 22H2: KB5019980 and KB5019961.
This update fixes a few bugs and security flaws, but it also brings new features! Here are the fixes put forward by Microsoft:
- Fixed an issue that affects Microsoft Edge when in IE mode. Titles of popups and tabs are wrong.
- Fixed an issue that could cause vertical and horizontal lines to appear on screen.
- Addressed issue that prevents the credential UI from displaying in IE mode when using Microsoft Edge.
- Addresses an issue that may prevent audio from syncing when recording gameplay using Xbox Game Bar.
- Fixed an issue that affects File Explorer, when browsing Microsoft OneDrive folders.
- Fixed an issue that affects the Start menu. It stops working when you use keyboard commands to move pinned items to a folder at the end of a list.
As for what’s new, here’s what Microsoft tells us:
- The context menu of the taskbar will integrate the Task Manager! A long-awaited change… but Microsoft specifies: “This feature will be available in the coming weeks.“
- In the “Accounts” section accessible in the Windows 11 settingsMicrosoft has introduced the ability to manage your OneDrive subscription and to have information on the use of the storage
- Improved experience for backing up your data to the cloud when using a Microsoft account. The Redmond firm specifies that this change will be tested with a few people initially, before a larger deployment in the months to come.
- Improved search function from the taskbar (see here). For a few people at first.
To get an overview of the security vulnerabilities corrected by Microsoft, I invite you to read my article about the new Patch Tuesday.
If you are using Windows 10, you can also read this article:
Whether from Windows Update, WSUS, or another solution: to your updates! This update for Windows 11 is accompanied by an update for .NET Framework 3.5 and .NET Framework 4.8.1, as shown in the image below.
Logiciel – OS,Sécurité,Microsoft,Windows 11,
#Windows #November #Updates #KB5019980 #KB5019961